Tail Stock Steady by nubsnstubs

Review by Bill Commerford posted 03-22-2018 01:54 PM 1817 views 0 times favorited 2 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Tail Stock Steady by nubsnstubs No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I recently had the pleasure of meeting Jerry ( nubsnstubs ) in Tucson. To make a long story short I came home with one of his Tail Stock Steady tools.
This thing was a treat to use, very easy to set up. Made short work of finishing the bottom of a bowl.
Although the Tail Stock Steady is not cheap it is very well made and looks like it will last.
You will note from the picture that I found it necessary to use a very small thin tool rest ( which I copied from Jerry ).

View Bill Commerford's profile

Bill Commerford

View Woodknack's profile

Woodknack

#1 posted 03-26-2018 01:53 AM

Jerry is a good dude and the tailstock steady is a brilliant device. Thanks for the review.

-- Rick M, http://thewoodknack.blogspot.com/

View Nubsnstubs's profile

Nubsnstubs

#2 posted 11-02-2018 02:03 PM

Hmmmm, how come I didn’t see this post? Maybe it’s cuz I mostly just look at the forums page, and then go to the woodturning forums..

Thanks, Bill. On small forms like you show, you do have to use a small tool rest. I made one that is 3/8” OD when I use the inverted wheel position for real small bases. The struts are positioned on the outboard slots, and the wheels close down to just over an inch.

Thank you, Rick. Good and brilliant in the same sentence…. Life is good. heheeh…..... Jerry (in Tucson)

-- Jerry (in Tucson) www.woodturnerstools.com