All Replies on Help in identifying a tool

  • Advertise with us
View DW833's profile

Help in identifying a tool

by DW833
posted 02-16-2017 03:02 AM

5 replies so far

View Ripper70's profile


1325 posts in 1415 days

#1 posted 02-16-2017 04:22 AM

Hmmm. My guess is that it’s some kind of a handle/holder for an auger type drill bit.

-- "You know, I'm such a great driver, it's incomprehensible that they took my license away." --Vince Ricardo

View papadan's profile


3584 posts in 3875 days

#2 posted 02-16-2017 04:29 AM

Auger bit or Tap handle

View Woodknack's profile


12904 posts in 2886 days

#3 posted 02-16-2017 04:31 AM

Tap handle would be my guess

-- Rick M,

View Iamjacob's profile


48 posts in 3133 days

#4 posted 02-16-2017 11:48 PM

Probably not a tap handle, the tool location is offset from the centerline of the handles. This would put the axis of rotation out of line with the tap which would break taps.

How does the tool mount in the handle?

My guess would be a handle/guide for sharpening tool bits for metalworking. The H.S.S Cobalt tool bit is a high speed steel (hss) tool bit for metalworking.

View DW833's profile


220 posts in 2389 days

#5 posted 02-18-2017 04:47 PM

The tool bit slides into an opening that is similar in size to the bit. Then the thumb screw secures it.

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics