All Replies on What is this jig?

  • Advertise with us
View loiblb's profile

What is this jig?

by loiblb
posted 09-11-2016 07:33 PM

5 replies so far

View ErichK's profile


80 posts in 1080 days

#1 posted 09-11-2016 07:38 PM

It appears to be a Miter gauge angle-setter. You put pins in the holes that correspond to the angle that you’re looking for, yoou put the slot over the miter gauge bar, and move the miter until it is tight against the two pins.

ETA: Actually, it might not be for a miter gauge since the pins aren’t perpendicular to the bar, but it IS for setting something like it. The presence of 2 miter bar slots makes me think it is for a tenon jig or some other type of fence-based thing.

View Woodknack's profile


12842 posts in 2797 days

#2 posted 09-12-2016 12:03 AM

No idea other than it’s for setting an angle on something.

-- Rick M,

View nightguy's profile


213 posts in 1079 days

#3 posted 09-12-2016 12:13 AM

View AlaskaGuy's profile


5314 posts in 2726 days

#4 posted 09-12-2016 12:19 AM

I remember seeing ads for that some years ago. Can’t remember the name other than the word “fox” comes to mind.

It can be turned 90 degrees and in the advertisement I saw you put pins in the holes, clamp the stock with your own clamp and cut tenons.

-- Alaskan's for Global warming!

View jwmalone's profile


769 posts in 1119 days

#5 posted 09-12-2016 12:43 AM

I seen something like that at an old farmers barn close to Roswell. Just saying.

-- "Boy you could get more work done it you quit flapping your pie hole" Grandpa

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics