All Replies on Guide Bushing help

  • Advertise with us
View dad2jj82's profile

Guide Bushing help

by dad2jj82
posted 09-20-2018 09:01 PM

3 replies so far

View Fred Hargis's profile

Fred Hargis

6508 posts in 3377 days

#1 posted 09-21-2018 10:41 AM

Yes, you can buy one…and try not to get a split ring adaptor. Elaire corp makes collets for several of the more popular routers, and they make all the uncommon sizes. I have several of their collets (including an 8MM I use in my 5615 and 5616) and can tell you they are top notch quality. Can’t help with the copy ring. But the Milwaukee routers come with a base that accepts the 1 /38” common bushings.

-- Our village hasn't lost it's idiot, he was elected to congress.

View dad2jj82's profile


42 posts in 2499 days

#2 posted 09-21-2018 12:34 PM

Thanks a million. Gonna order when I get home.

View splintergroup's profile


4053 posts in 2106 days

#3 posted 09-21-2018 06:58 PM

I have an 8mm adapter that came with my Leigh D4 dovetail jig. It fits into a standard 1/2” collet and is very secure and true running (at $8.29, I’d imagine it is cheaper than a dedicated 8mm collet).

8mm collet bushing

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics