All Replies on Grizzly G0771Z fence

  • Advertise with us
View bgilb's profile

Grizzly G0771Z fence

by bgilb
posted 09-15-2018 11:11 PM

4 replies so far

View JRsgarage's profile


389 posts in 1429 days

#1 posted 09-16-2018 02:11 PM

Hi bgilb, It’s a common problem with the long set screws. They sent out shorter ones after they were informed of the issues. I’m surprised they have not corrected this in production.

The fence has been pretty good…so good that I have not installed the Vega yet.

-- “Facts don't care about your feelings.” ..., Ben Shapiro

View bgilb's profile


101 posts in 3978 days

#2 posted 09-16-2018 06:14 PM

Does it move very smoothly? Like you can barely slide it and it will coast?

View JRsgarage's profile


389 posts in 1429 days

#3 posted 09-16-2018 07:21 PM

Yes, It is smooth. If it is too tight, adjust the teflon pads that pushes against the front rails. I had to play with it to get it the way I wanted but so far it has been a solid fence.

-- “Facts don't care about your feelings.” ..., Ben Shapiro

View ccc118's profile


19 posts in 1094 days

#4 posted 09-17-2018 01:31 PM

I have this saw and find that if you try to keep some slight pressure against the front rail and hold it flat against it, it will slide smoothly, but otherwise can get stuck when trying to slide. I also had the problem with it scratching the top of the rail, but it hasn’t gotten any worse and I don’t really worry about it anymore. If you are having trouble with the set screws, when trying to square it to the table or dial in the height, you can also adjust the height of the fence faces slightly. If you flip the fence upside down, you can access the bolts that hold the faces on. If you loosen them, there is a small amount of adjustability to the faces. One of the faces on mine is slightly concave and the other is flat. Since, I don’t really use the right side, I ended up swapping them around. After doing this, I had issues with the set screws either sticking up above the table or bottoming out, until I realized that I must have changed height of them and had to readjust. If you are still having trouble, you can give this a try and see if that helps. It’s a bit of a pain, since the fence has to be upside down. Also, I found that I had to remove the indicator/cursor on the left side, as it was causing the screw heads that hold it on to be too high and interfering with stock during rip cuts. I don’t really use the fence on the left side of the blade, so this didn’t matter. Once I was able to get everything dialed in, I haven’t had to re-adjust anything yet and have been happy with it.

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics