All Replies on Trying to find a reference for different parts of a desk

  • Advertise with us
View Woodbutchery's profile

Trying to find a reference for different parts of a desk

by Woodbutchery
posted 02-14-2018 03:19 AM

3 replies so far

View Drek55's profile


6 posts in 902 days

#1 posted 02-20-2018 02:57 PM

View Woodbutchery's profile


432 posts in 4392 days

#2 posted 02-22-2018 04:41 AM

While a nice plan, it’s not what I’m looking for.

Which may not exist.

Or it may be for standing desks and I just didn’t know it.

Basically desktop <check> aprons<check> drawers<check> legs<check> bottom rails<check> feet (optional)<check>

I have seen desks that had a board running from side rail to side rail along the back half of the rail, often done with a through tenon. Just trying to find the name of that piece.

-- Making scrap with zen-like precision - Woodbutchery

View bondogaposis's profile (online now)


5804 posts in 3158 days

#3 posted 02-22-2018 02:10 PM

Generally in all furniture, stiles are verticals and rails are horizontals.

-- Bondo Gaposis

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics