Reply by MrUnix

  • Advertise with us

Posted on Knife Handle

View MrUnix's profile


8515 posts in 3256 days

#1 posted 01-22-2021 06:23 PM

Those are known as knife rivets or cutlery rivets. Yes, one fits inside the other, and they are then pressed together, typically with a hammer and anvil, to hold the knife scales (handle) in place. Many people also use epoxy along with them for a permanent fixture. The heads of the rivets are thin, so they can be sanded off after assembly. I’m sure there are a bunch of videos and How-To’s out there that can explain it better than me.


-- Brad in FL - In Dog I trust... everything else is questionable

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics