Reply by MiniMe

  • Advertise with us

Posted on Is there a jig or a way to bring the studs of a wall frame in the same plane (prep for tiling)?

View MiniMe's profile


421 posts in 1058 days

#1 posted 11-27-2020 10:52 PM

What s on the other side of the wall?

A carpenters way to do this is cut a notch in the stud and either shim (if bowed in) or push it in and toe nail it.

However, you risk damaging the wall material on the other side.

So do what bold1 said. Tilers commonly float out uneven walls and floors.

Your other option is sister nailers on to the studs and bring it out level.

- Robert

I have read about all these methods but I don’t think they will work for this particular situation
If I run a straight edge (8’ level) across the studs I am seeing different situations in different areas
the above will fix a caved (C shape) stud but not one ore more that have an S profile

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics