Reply by ChefHDAN

  • Advertise with us

Posted on Router bit for cabinet door inset

View ChefHDAN's profile


1782 posts in 3769 days

#1 posted 09-29-2020 02:29 PM

Welcome to LJ HVW,

Can you tell us what you are trying to achieve? An inset door is usually “in-set” to the door opening of the face frame and does not contact the face-frame. If your doors contact the face-frame when closed they are overlay doors which are the most common and can vary from full to partial overlay.

Lots of great experienced WW’rs here and pictures and solid descriptions will help get you the answer and advice you need. I “think” you’re looking for an Ogee bit to replicate the visible edge forming on a new door but it’s unclear.

-- I've decided 1 mistake is really 2 opportunities to learn.. learn how to fix it... and learn how to not repeat it

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics