Reply by poopiekat

  • Advertise with us

Posted on where to buy 1/2" bore shaper cutters

View poopiekat's profile


4530 posts in 4246 days

#1 posted 08-26-2019 02:53 AM

Are the Corob cutters like a regular shaper cutter or are they meant to be attached to something else? They look to me like they are k ife sets for a molding head cutter like the craftsman and others that are made to go on a table saw. If that s the case that s not what I was asking about BUT I also have one of those cutter heads and this is still a great source.

- d_sinsley

Good question!! Unfortunately the catalog only shows the cutters in profile. They are round three-wing cutters (typically) and fit over a 1/2” spindle. If you are not in possession of a 1/2” Spindle shaper, but have a router table, you can get a 1/2” X 20 threaded adapter for your 1/2” router, and put the Corob bit on. No, these are not inserts for a table saw. I’d never use those in a shop environment! But the Corob bits helped me out of many a jam in my early woodworking days, until better tooling came into my possession.

Pictured is a adapter to turn a 1/2” router into a spindle shaper…. from Grizzly but other dealers have an equivalent in their catalogs.

-- Einstein: "The intuitive mind is a sacred gift, and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift." I'm Poopiekat!!

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics