Reply by bandit571

  • Advertise with us

Posted on Straightening cupped table top

View bandit571's profile


23786 posts in 3192 days

#1 posted 08-03-2019 02:52 AM

These are called corner blocks. Sometimes can be use inside the aprons. Simple pine boards, cut at a 45 at each end. glued and screwed to the aprons or on a webframe. A slotted hole is made, to allow a screw to hold a top, yet allow for movement. Just use some scraps of the size needed, You may have to allow for the legs’ inside corners, just make the corner blocks a tad longer. Add washers to the screws, so they won’t pull up and through the corner blocks, yet allow the screws to slide a bit, as the top expands, and contracts.

-- A Planer? I'M the planer, this is what I use

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics