Reply by bilyo

  • Advertise with us

Posted on Cabinet Doors

View bilyo's profile


1363 posts in 2180 days

#1 posted 03-12-2019 04:17 PM

For clarity; I assume that, because you asked about V-groove and T&G router bits, you are wanting to glue 3/4” walnut edges to your 3/4” plywood. You are not trying to build a floating panel door as Craftsman On The Lake pictured. If I have this correct, then no, you don’t need router bits. However, either will do the job if that is your preference. You can do it easily on the table saw. For me, the easiest would be to cut a center groove in both the plywood edge and the walnut edge and then use a floating spline to glue them together. You could also cut a groove on one piece and a tongue on the other. Either would work fine with the plywood panel. If your center panel were made of solid wood, it would need to be floating as pictured above.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics