Reply by Holbs

  • Advertise with us

Posted on Small bench for dovetails and tenons - comments?

View Holbs's profile


2376 posts in 3042 days

#1 posted 02-14-2019 02:34 PM

you are looking for what’s called a “Joinery Bench”. Taller than normal workbench, small bench top, stout & strong just like a workbench, moxon vise. Primary duties are dovetailing, mortise/tenons, pounding of chisel work. I did my own joinery bench (in my project section) and one of my friends copied it, minus the moxon vise for his workshop that is actually the back porch area (southern cali folks get that luxury).

-- The Carpenter Bee is derived from the Ancient Greek word wood-cutter "xylokopos/ξυλοκὀπος"

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics