Reply by spiritbeaver

  • Advertise with us

Posted on I need some crack advice

View spiritbeaver's profile


3 posts in 678 days

#1 posted 01-15-2019 09:35 AM

I use polyester resin which is normally used for fiberglass reinforced plastic. Or an epoxy resin which is frequently used for building boats like cedar canoes.
I have used the polyester type to fill large spaces (in a tabletop) between slabs of small trees. There were some initial problems with shrinkage likely due to shrinkage of the wood. Repairs were easy. That all went away.

I have also used epoxy to fill cracks, knotholes and spaces in flooring and various things.

-- James H. -

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics