Reply by WoodES

  • Advertise with us

Posted on Trash can collection

View WoodES's profile


152 posts in 2205 days

#1 posted 01-13-2019 05:34 AM

You’ll not only need a vent outlet, but also a pressure drop. The drop in pressure allows the solids (e.g. dust, chips, loose change, etc.) to fall out of the air stream. The inlet and outlet should be the same diameter, thus the inlet and outlet air volume (measured in cubic feet per second, cfs) are roughly the same (without getting into the details of fluid mechanics, losses in the system etc.). However the expansion in the receptacle creates a pressure drop to release the solids.

Grizzly has a trash can separator, however you can build one out of many different materials, styles…

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics