Reply by therealSteveN

  • Advertise with us

Posted on What type of wood? I have a free supply....

View therealSteveN's profile


3629 posts in 1055 days

#1 posted 12-05-2018 10:18 PM

This is Red Oak left, WO Right

Better pic of Red Left, White Right

Note on the WO it has plugs along the dotted lines, these are called Tyloses, they are what makes WO an outdoor wood.

Note on the RO the dotted lines are constant, No Tyloses, so essentially RO is like a drinking straw, as a matter of fact you can take a slim cut of it, and put it in a glass of water and drink through it. Also why it rots easily in contact with water/wet conditions.

-- Think safe, be safe

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics