LumberJocks

Reply by MrRon

  • Advertise with us

Posted on The Wrath of Cocobolo

View MrRon's profile

MrRon

5718 posts in 3754 days


#1 posted 11-30-2018 07:30 PM

I don’t believe I’m allergic to any wood, but if one inhales dust from any wood, there will be an allergic like reaction. I don’t think that is a positive allergic reaction. Everyone has sensitivity to dust, pollen, etc. It’s just the amount that makes the difference. When I’m doing a lot of sanding, that night , I feel congested, but the next day, I’m alright, so that is why I don’t consider myself allergic. I’m not saying there is not a true allergic reaction to some materials; I’m sure there is, but what some may call an allergic reaction, may not be an allergy at all.

I remember many, many years ago, I had an allergic reaction to shrimp. My face swelled up like a balloon, but a shot from a doctor and that was it. I still eat and love shrimp and have never had a reaction since. That was around 70 years ago.


DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com