Reply by CaptainKlutz

  • Advertise with us

Posted on Help my Lathe Died!

View CaptainKlutz's profile


1631 posts in 1946 days

#1 posted 11-10-2018 11:32 PM

If you want to try getting a motor capacitor or centrifugal switch locally, they can be usually be found at appliance parts or HVAC parts place. If you live away from big city, can also check with local farm supply store. Farmers use same size motors as our woodworking tools on pumps and hydraulic units, and the internal parts are common. :)

-- I'm an engineer not a woodworker, but I can randomly find useful tools and furniture inside a pile of lumber!

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics