LumberJocks

Reply by jeffdeluca

  • Advertise with us

Posted on Trying to restore Singer 66-18 sewing machine

View jeffdeluca's profile

jeffdeluca

8 posts in 335 days


#1 posted 10-18-2018 11:17 PM

Congrats on your find! I also just picked up a 1948 Singer 15-91 from a nice older lady – this belonged to her grandmother! It was locked up as the lube all dried out. I used Zoom Lily White oil and just doused all the moving parts and little by little freed it up. After much research on the Tube… would have used some kerosene first to loosen it up… let it dry out then lube it up. I’m in the research mode for the proper lube to use in the grease pots where the wicks reside.
Then I found a 1951 Singer 301. Again beautiful condition.
not sure why…. I have this all-of-a-sudden interest!

Here’s is a great resource I use… http://vssmb.blogspot.com/2012/01/complete-how-to-re-wire-potted-motor.html

-- Jeff DeLuca


DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com