Reply by jerryminer

  • Advertise with us

Posted on Double stacked crown molding?

View jerryminer's profile


960 posts in 1953 days

#1 posted 09-20-2018 07:15 PM

Stacked crown is a simple blocking-out process. The pictured installation appears to be two pieces of the same crown profile stacked on top of each other.

To do it, you install fillers to create a place for the bottom piece to land and for the upper piece to attach, something like this:

Then, to make the “medallion” or “keystone”, simply add a spacer onto the wall for the crown to wrap around.

-- Jerry, making sawdust professionally since 1976

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics