Reply by Loren

  • Advertise with us

Posted on Advice Sought on Masking Faceframe-to-Case Gap on Kitchen Restoration

View Loren's profile


10477 posts in 4128 days

#1 posted 05-25-2018 10:13 PM

Sometimes making a gap more consistent
beats filling. That’s called a cock bead.

You can grind a piece of metal to reshape
the profile by scraping. I’d probably leave
it as is because I appreciate wear and irregularity
in old pieces. The gap can be sanded a little
where it’s narrow to make the shadow line
more consistent, just enough to fool the eye.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics