Reply by John Smith

  • Advertise with us

Posted on Used metal office fixing and finding parts

View John Smith's profile

John Smith

1914 posts in 612 days

#1 posted 02-28-2018 11:44 PM

Jtrz – just out of the blue – why not call SANDUSKY LEE Customer Service. in Sandusky, Ohio:
419.626.5465 or 800.336.0671.
they are a major distributor for Steelcase and Sandusky office furniture. maybe they can help you.
maybe parts for the model 700 Teacher’s Desk may fit yours.

Brad – that looks like the old GSA government issued desk….. no telling who made it then.
Jtrz: for your peace of mind and sanity – sell that one back on C/L and look for something more durable.
Like Brad said – look for the vintage heavy steel desks at your local Good Will and Salvation Army
stores…. or Habitat outlet. generally $20-25.
very heavy, very solid, has one or two slide out typewriter trays. it can become your new “family heirloom”.

there is a reason that everyone is nuts about the old Tanker Desks right now.


-- I am a painter. That's what I do. I paint things --

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics