Reply by WoodshopTherapy

  • Advertise with us

Posted on need help with chair leg

View WoodshopTherapy's profile


58 posts in 583 days

#1 posted 02-17-2018 11:37 AM

Nothing off the shelf that I know of. What you’re looking for is something like a forcetner bit, which is used to cut flat bottom holes, but you need a hollow ground bit to get the curve you’re looking for. There are rosette drill bits which make round decorative holes, so maybe if you search that term you might find something.

I doubt this would have been carved by hand. It looks like a manufactured piece.


-- Scott Bennett - sharing woodworking knowledge

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics