Reply by HapHazzard

  • Advertise with us

Posted on Need help identifying old tools

View HapHazzard's profile


116 posts in 1750 days

#1 posted 02-14-2018 04:32 AM

You’re not too far out of your element. That’s exactly what those are. The nomenclature varies, depending on whom you ask, but the one with the roller looks like a beading tool. It could be used as a roller tool, but the groove in the middle is there to form a raised bead under the right conditions. I think that one with the rounded conical tip is called a point tool, and then the one with the little insert in the end is called a trimmer.

If you’re curious about how they’re used, youtube probably has hours of videos of them in action.

I am way out of my element here, but could they be for metal spinning???

- xeddog

-- Unix programmers never die; they just > /dev/null

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics