Reply by bbasiaga

  • Advertise with us

Posted on Pen Turning Mandrel Question

View bbasiaga's profile


1243 posts in 2844 days

#1 posted 02-08-2018 03:45 AM

Yes, there will be a set of bushings listed with your pen kit. Those bushings will slide over the 7mm mandrel, and have a small section that fits inside the tube of the pen kit, and a larger section that marches the diameter you turn the blank to in match up with the pen’s hardware.

This way, you use one mandrel for all different kits, and the matching set of bushings for each. Lots of examples on YouTube.


-- Part of engineering is to know when to put your calculator down and pick up your tools.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics