Reply by jonah

  • Advertise with us

Posted on Framing square

View jonah's profile


2075 posts in 3688 days

#1 posted 02-07-2018 04:23 PM

This is what I m talking about. They call it a “rafter square” for some unknown reason. Made in the USA and mine is absolutely square as can be (or as close as I can see with 20/15 vision).

- jonah

The unknown reason would be because,,,,,THATS WHAT IT IS,,,,,,

- cabmaker

Hehehehe Yep. all those numbers stamped, engraved or silk screened on “framing/Rafter squares are there for several different measuring methods for building different components of houses. They were a “computer” back in the day. I ll admit, I only use mine for checking square, but they are much more than a square…...... Jerry (in Tucson)

- Nubsnstubs

I know what it is. I know how it’s used. I’ve built stairs, cut rafters, and just about everything else you can do with a framing square. The most common name for the tool is “framing square,” at least where I come from. Nobody calls them rafter squares.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics