Reply by chrisstef

  • Advertise with us

Posted on Clamping technique? Is this a thing? Question from a novice!

View chrisstef's profile


18119 posts in 3926 days

#1 posted 01-24-2018 07:38 PM

You can clamp it too tight and force all the glue out of the joint. When youre talking about steel or something across the top of the glued up piece they can be referred to as clamping cauls. Ill take a block plane and shave off a couple thou at each end so it acts like a spring joint then clamp down.

Welcome to the fray Shane.

-- Its not a crack, its a casting imperfection.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics