Reply by OSU55

  • Advertise with us

Posted on Coloring Lacquer!

View OSU55's profile


2840 posts in 3239 days

#1 posted 12-12-2017 04:43 PM

You are wanting whats called a toner. I use Transtint dye in wb finishes, shellac, and lacquer to make any color needed, but I use a spraygun. Pre made spray cans are another issue. As others said the most likely candidate will be found at the auto parts store in the paint section. I agree with above – its the translucent part of candy paint. Not sure how auto paint holds up to wood movement. Dependind on the article size a cheap airbrush from harbor freight would allow you to mix your own and spray.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics