Reply by HokieKen

  • Advertise with us

Posted on Where can I find 0.30" steel rod?

View HokieKen's profile


15035 posts in 1984 days

#1 posted 07-27-2017 01:49 PM

Here s a link to Mc Master Carr “ultra machinable drill rod” 0.302” diameter.

- crank49

Wow, that s pretty close. Thanks for the link, might be just the ticket. Maybe a slight bit of sanding or a quick pass on a metal lathe will bring it down.

- bobasaurus

Chuck that up in a lathe or drill press and put some 220 sandpaper to it. Just keep even wear along the length and you’ll shave .002 pretty quick. Probably get more precise than trying to take that little off with a turning too. Only removing .002 diamteric would usually be grinding or burnishing operation.

-- Kenny, SW VA, Go Hokies!!!

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics