LumberJocks

Reply by cicerojoe

  • Advertise with us

Posted on Craftsman 113.12171 motor burned up, save it or replace it?

View cicerojoe's profile

cicerojoe

64 posts in 4687 days


#1 posted 03-18-2017 04:24 PM

I don’t think anybody brought up thermal overload. Most electric motors turn off internally if they get too hot.. If it just quits, no smoke, it could be it was over-heating. Once they cool off, they’ll work again. Something like a mis-aligned pulley or too-fast feed rate could cause overheating, especially in a hot environment.

-- John from the Cherry Valley Studio in NY http://www.cvalleystudio.com


DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com