Reply by TravisH

  • Advertise with us

Posted on Anyone recognize this style

View TravisH's profile


733 posts in 2812 days

#1 posted 08-12-2016 11:50 AM

I don’t know the official style and likely common place in some time period. The ones I come across are more modern and borrowed design elements from other periods. A manufactured affordable “high end” piece of furniture for the household. I think they were one of those pieces you had to show the appearance you were doing well. I have seen the same piece or almost identical, several had trim pieces under the set of three drawers. Typically 1940/50s stuff and generally described as a “manor chest” and some places here call the “stacked highboy” but don’t think that is correct but just a way to try and sell it at those anitque/rustic/retro all in one consignment places.

I think my parents had an Ethan Allen one. Haven’t seen one in a few years but the painted would have made 3x the money when they were showing up here versus wood (oak).

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics