Reply by bandit571

  • Advertise with us

Posted on fulton, or millers fallsor both

View bandit571's profile


23583 posts in 3161 days

#1 posted 07-02-2016 06:23 AM

Couple of things..

Millers Falls usually stamped a plane’s model number into the side of the plane.

IF the lateral lever has a single “tab” bent down where the thumb can adjust it, that would be a M-F MADE plane

When Millers Falls made planes for other sellers ( like Sears/Fulton, etc) they used a plain lever cap, reserving the more fancy one for their own brand of planes.

Note the rear handle (“tote”)...Millers Falls made ones were more angular, without a lot of curves.

Under the front knob, the front end of the plane slopes up towards the base of the knob, and forms a ring. Stanley and Sargent made planes were flat, with Stanley adding a ring around the knob, otherwise it was flat.

Could be a M-F made plane, that someone added a fancy levercap to it.

BTW: The iron may have a number on it, that begins with a 107.5260…..Sears used a 107 code for things made by Millers Falls that they sold.

-- A Planer? I'M the planer, this is what I use

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics