Reply by George

  • Advertise with us

Posted on Help identifying this wood type

View George's profile


82 posts in 3144 days

#1 posted 04-22-2011 03:32 PM

Phillip, that looks like birch.

I’ve been told by my dad that birch trees that grow close to a water source – creek, pond, etc – will develop a different pattern than birch usually has. He called it “water birch”. As he was a carpenter, I believe that the old guys were referring to what we call a Curly pattern. But, whether it’s called curly or water, it still looks like birch to me.

-- I did measure it twice, it's still too short.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics