Reply by drcodfish

  • Advertise with us

Posted on Dull plane

View drcodfish's profile


124 posts in 1456 days

#1 posted 04-04-2016 07:26 PM

If the blade has a curve to it (where it meets the wood) it could be a scrub plane. Google that and you’ll find pics and learn that (if it is a scrub plane) it has a particular use which isn’t the same as the average bench plane.

If you grandpa made a living in carpentry then it would make sense that he would have and use a scrub plane, but for the average wood worker they were not so common.

-- Dr C

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics