Reply by jerryminer

  • Advertise with us

Posted on Confused about air compressor fittings

View jerryminer's profile


960 posts in 1951 days

#1 posted 01-11-2016 09:57 AM

Air hoses typically come with brass pipe threads, ready to accept the quick-connect fitting of your choice.

For nail guns, I use 1/4” hose—although 3/8” hose is ok, too, but 1/4” fittings should be plenty.

There are two common “standard” quick-connect fittings: Milton-type, and Tru-Flate type (sometimes called “type M” and “type T”). Around here, the Milton is the most common, but when I lived in another state, Tru-Flate was more common. Pick your style.



You can make an adapter by threading the male end of one type into the female end of another type.

-- Jerry, making sawdust professionally since 1976

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics