Reply by Rick Dennington

  • Advertise with us

Posted on New (old) Workbench

View Rick  Dennington's profile

Rick Dennington

6565 posts in 3609 days

#1 posted 04-28-2010 01:00 AM

Greetings…... I can’t really tell for sure, but boy that almost looks like an old Shaker bench. Looks like one of the syles that the Shakers used, but most Shaker benches usually had built-in drawers under it, but some didn’t. If it is a Shaker (?), then it could of been built in the late 1700-1800’s. They built massive workbenches back then. If you had, or could get more info on it, or know a little history on it, that would help you alot as to the age. The sliding leg on the side running on the rail was used to hold real long boards for planeing… I forget what it is called. But…. Shaker or not, you got one heck of a bench… congrats on the find…. later.

-- " At my age, happy hour is a 2 hour nap".....!!

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics