LumberJocks

tablesaw dust collection

  • Advertise with us
Blog entry by recordking posted 02-13-2019 08:03 PM 707 reads 1 time favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch

I recently upgraded my dc system to include a super dust deputy added to my 1.5 hp jet single stage dc, replaced my old piping w/new sch20 pvc. So far I’m very happy with the separation, compared to the old system its amazing. while doing this project I realized I needed to do something with the collection at my Jet pro shop table saw, the collection that comes standard on the saw is awful at best. I removed the existing bottom plate and replaced it with a new one dropped below the saw that I made with some scrap plywood. it hooked up to my new system made an incredible difference. after ripping about a 100 ft of lumber there was very little dust in the bottom of the saw. I am new to lumberjocks and just recent joined. before starting this process I searched this site for help and inspiration,so was compelled to join and share my project I hope these photos help others with the same dilemma.



5 comments so far

View Redoak49's profile

Redoak49

3844 posts in 2292 days


#1 posted 02-13-2019 09:18 PM

Nice improvements…

View rpete's profile

rpete

54 posts in 3318 days


#2 posted 02-14-2019 06:57 AM

The way you have your dust collector set up is very similiar to how I am currently planning on revising my set up. Can you tell me more about the collection bag? It looks like there’s clips on it for easy emptying? Did you make that or is it something you bought? Thanks!

View txtaz7's profile

txtaz7

6 posts in 1656 days


#3 posted 02-14-2019 01:52 PM

I see that you don’t have any DC attached to the factory dust port on your saw. Did you block this port so that all of the dust would fall to the bottom?

View recordking's profile

recordking

3 posts in 40 days


#4 posted 02-14-2019 01:55 PM

The bag was the original bag I just cut it down and after using it for a while I noticed small amount of dust had collected so rather than remove the bag(which is kind of a pain) I just clipped the corner off and put clamps on it. Works real good. When I get time I’m going to make some type of solid canister and eliminate the bag altogether.

View recordking's profile

recordking

3 posts in 40 days


#5 posted 02-14-2019 02:06 PM

I did block it off. I just left the old back plate on and covered the 4”hole with a cap. This is by far superior to the old system. There wasn’t enough space between the bottom and the motor so dust couldn’t get through then would fill up, and the motor would often times run to hot because it couldn’t get air

Have your say...

You must be signed in to post the comments.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com