LumberJocks

Armoire repair project

  • Advertise with us
Project by OneEyed posted 06-07-2020 02:08 AM 593 views 0 times favorited 1 comment Add to Favorites Watch

My wife got a armoire off facebook marketplace for $40. The folks we got it from had separated the top and bottom and managed to destroy the front span, as well as take chunks out of the face of the vertical front pieces.

I pulled the broken span out, and cleaned up busted parts with the use of a chisel and Japanese saw.

Cut a new piece of maple for the span, did a decent job matching stain, and cut some thin pieces of “veneer” to cover the face frame damage.

The crappy cardboard backing was gone, so I replaced it with a piece of 1/4” plywood stained pretty close, and the last repair was to replace the missing roller door catches.

Wife is happy with her $40 spend, so guess I’m happy too!





1 comment so far

View Jim Jakosh's profile

Jim Jakosh

24800 posts in 3882 days


#1 posted 06-23-2020 12:42 PM

Great repair, You did a fine job restoring it!!

cheers, Jim

-- Jim Jakosh.....Practical Wood Products...........Learn something new every day!! Variety is the Spice of Life!!

Have your say...

You must be signed in to post the comments.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com