2004 Wadi Curtain Rod

  • Advertise with us
Project by InventorFisher posted 08-02-2015 07:31 PM 2011 views 1 time favorited 1 comment Add to Favorites Watch

We fell in love with a curtain rod called a “Wadi Rod” and I had to make one. Essentially, it is a block of wood with no seams and a rectangular hole through which passes a curtain rod. The assembly is simple and elegant. It is also attached to the wall using a single large screw right through the middle. This screw hole must be plugged at the end of the mounting & assembly. Also, you have to think about rod placement because there is no way to slip a rod into the Wadi holder without “over-inserting” the other side. Finally, the rod holder that receives the curtain rod first must pivot to allow the rod to be maneuvered into the second mounted Wadi rod holder. There was some colorful language the first time I tried to install these things. The first picture is the finished assembly. The second and third show the Delta mortising kit setup and some prototypes (made from pine). I chose to chamfer the edges of the Wadi rod holders and stain to match our Stickley Onondaga stained settle & coffee table (yeah, we bought some really nice furniture before kids came along and now we protect it from them & their friends).

-- Inventor Fisher

1 comment so far

View John Stegall's profile

John Stegall

549 posts in 4526 days

#1 posted 10-03-2018 01:18 PM

Very interesting and quite different. Good execution.

-- jstegall

Have your say...

You must be signed in to post the comments.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics