New Case for Guitar Amp

  • Advertise with us
Project by Mike Merzke posted 12-24-2014 01:29 AM 1192 views 0 times favorited 2 comments Add to Favorites Watch

My son had an old Line 6 guitar amp that had seen better days so we took it apart and built a new box for it from plywood. We then dyed it a two tone by applying a brown dye first and then a red. Then we applied a satin clear coat to finish it and cleaned up and re-installed the electronics and speakers. The logo on the front was a cheap plastic pieces that did not do the amp justice so we made a new one out of Sapele on my Shapeoko 2 CNC machine. The only thing we forgot to do was to take a before picture to show what a difference it made.

-- Mike Merzke,

2 comments so far

View mggraphix's profile


24 posts in 2886 days

#1 posted 12-24-2014 01:55 PM

Looks Fantastic!

View Mike Merzke's profile

Mike Merzke

186 posts in 2677 days

#2 posted 12-24-2014 02:36 PM

Thanks it was a really fun project for me and my son to make together.

-- Mike Merzke,

Have your say...

You must be signed in to post the comments.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics