LumberJocks

Buffalo 14" Band Saw Rescue #3 - It's in pieces

  • Advertise with us
Blog entry by Doug posted 09-20-2020 03:03 PM 587 reads 0 times favorited 0 comments Add to Favorites Watch

Hello to all who are following this project blog.

At this point the band saw has been disassembled as far as I am going to disassemble it. I did run into some interesting things along the way. For example, I discovered that a previous owner had used electrician’s tape on the tires for some reason. Take a look.

I did not understand why until after removing the tape.

The picture above shows the drive wheel. I removed the tape and if you look closely you can see what appears to be the end of another kind of tape. This was very strange indeed! I thought, “What the heck is this stuff”? So I removed it from the wheel. Click here to see a very short video of that. If you have any idea what this stuff is please let me know. It appears as though it can be reused as it tends to be made of a material that clings to itself quite well.

With that removed it was time for more disassembly.

Drive wheel removed.

These pics show the locator pins that align the upper and lower frames. Something doesn’t seem quite right with them.

The drive pulley cover removed.

The frame separated from the base

Just a closer look at the base.

Motor specifications.

Under side of the base.

Completed disassembly.

Well, that’s about it for now. The next thing to do is to start cleaning all the parts, repairing what needs to be repaired, and reassembling the whole thing.

Stay tuned. Thanks for looking.

-- Doug



0 comments so far

Have your say...

You must be signed in to post the comments.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com