Building my version of the Essential Tool Chest #6: Glueup

  • Advertise with us
Blog entry by johnstoneb posted 03-08-2015 11:44 PM 2669 reads 0 times favorited 1 comment Add to Favorites Watch
« Part 5: Drawers Part 6 of Building my version of the Essential Tool Chest series Part 7: Ready to finish »

I have been doing a lot of little things to get ready for glue up. I cut the mortise for the lid latch and fit the escutcheons in the keyholes. The escutcheons came out pretty close to straight up and down and in alignment. drilled and mounted the drawer pulls and handles.

Yesterday afternoon put the finish on all of the inside surfaces. Sanded and put a second coat on this morning. I’m using amber shellac on the oak, clear on the Bubinga. About 10:30 this morning I glued up the carcase.

I taped off the lid and applied the shellac to the oak on the lid.

I just pulled the clamps off the glueup did a little measuring to make sure nothing slipped. Thing are about as square as you can get. Really really happy with that.
Might have this finished next week maybe.

-- Bruce, Boise, ID

1 comment so far

View Dutchy's profile


3508 posts in 2772 days

#1 posted 03-09-2015 07:05 AM

This is more than average.


Have your say...

You must be signed in to post the comments.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics