LumberJocks

Woodworking blog entries tagged with 'ladder'

  • Advertise with us
View MasonJay's profile

Ladder Shelf #2: Making shelves, cutting dados, sanding

10-23-2020 10:48 PM by MasonJay | 0 comments »

I got the frames cleaned up and cut the pieces off that stuck out and took time to sand what I could while it was easy to access. During the most recent progress I cross cut my shelves to rough length and began the glue up process. I only have so many clamps so it was done one at a time which was painfully slow. Once those were glued up, they were sanded down and cut to final width which is just over 23”. I took the time to cut down some more alder to create what will be a small lip alo...

Read this entry »


View MasonJay's profile

Ladder Shelf #1: Building the Frames

10-12-2020 09:26 PM by MasonJay | 1 comment »

This will be the second… third ladder shelf build that I’ve done recently. The first, made of pine, was a travesty. One man’s junk is another man’s treasure though, and I had someone buy it from me so I recovered the cost of the materials. They painted it a sent a picture of it loving what they had. One major mistake I made with this first attempt was not realizing that I was building to sides that mirrored each other. So instead of using pocket screws on both the insi...

Read this entry »


View chrisjhennessy's profile

Loft Bed Additions #1: Bark Trim Shelf

03-01-2017 04:04 AM by chrisjhennessy | 0 comments »

My sons loft certainly has creative shelving and amazing character. As I look up at the rafters, I see opportunity both in aesthetics and practicality. My plan is to add Walnut Live Edge trim to the bottom of the rafters, this is where the Loft meets the wall. If you look at these two Live Edge pieces, these 5’ pieces will fit right in the space under the rafters. The contrast will look great as a trim and the Walnut which will extend about 2” which will offer a catwalk pla...

Read this entry »


View Greg Guarino's profile

Cookbook Shelf Units #8: Biscuits, shelves, prefinishing, final assembly, HOORAY!

12-22-2014 03:49 AM by Greg Guarino | 0 comments »

I’m finally finished, but I’ve fallen behind in the blog description. Biscuits for the uprights:Each upright “leg” consists of a 1×3 and a 1×2 joined at a right angle with a small shadow line. Biscuits seemed like the right method: Then I did a dry fit: Everything went together well enough, so I decided to glue up the “ladder” sides. Although I tend to prefinish everything before gluing, I decided it would be too time-consuming to pr...

Read this entry »


View CyBorge's profile

Garage Organization By a Newbie #5: Back On Track!

07-01-2010 07:42 PM by CyBorge | 5 comments »

It’s hard to believe how little progress I have made in the last month, but other areas of my life tend to take priority sometimes. The last time I posted, the overwhelming consensus was that I had unwittingly applied moldy drywall compound to my walls. Go me! It sure is a good thing this is a blog, where mistakes are okay, rather than a how-to tutorial! :-) I was lucky in that a lot of the mud was still wet enough that I could pry it off in large sections with a small drywall kni...

Read this entry »


View gbarteck's profile

Twin-Sized Bed With Pull-Out Desk, Closet, and Dresser #7: Mini-Closet Part 2: shelves, doors, access ladder

02-12-2010 05:29 AM by gbarteck | 1 comment »

Before making the doors, I bought a rail-and-stile router bit set. I didn’t it when I build the first bed unit because the doors for that first project were simple painted panels. After cutting a some test pieces to get a handle on how to adjust the router, cutting out the pieces for the doors was a piece of cake. However, let me say that these are the scariest router bits I’ve ever used. There’s just something about a rapidly spinning hunk of steel that says, “you...

Read this entry »


View Chris Davis's profile

Chi Omega Dorm Room #7: Installed

07-14-2009 02:21 PM by Chris Davis | 6 comments »

This is the installation of the 17 beds in the Chi Omega house. These were installed in the third floor attic rooms. It all went fairly smooth. Everything fit together like it was suppose to, nothing got damaged on the way there, and we made good time, considering total travel time was 6 hours up there an back. We installed them in 5 hours with 5 people. We did have one problem, contractor wasn’t finished with the smaller room that was to house the 4 bookcase bunk beds. We assembled the...

Read this entry »



DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com