LumberJocks

Woodworking blog entries tagged with 'glue'

  • Advertise with us
View AndyPitts's profile

Saturday in the Woodworking Shop #13: Insignia Box & Shop Glues

09-04-2015 12:36 PM by AndyPitts | 0 comments »

In this video I am talking about my Naval Officer’s Insignia Box, cut on CNC and the glues I use in my workshop. View on YouTube

Read this entry »


View FaTToaD's profile

Wine Cork Display Tutorials #3: Assembly

12-02-2010 04:07 AM by FaTToaD | 1 comment »

In this tutorial, I’ll show how I glue and assembly my wine cork displays. If you’re interested in a version with larger pictures, follow the link below: Bigger Picture Version Now that I’ve got my glass, I can begin the glue-up. However, I suggest sanding the inside first, one less thing to deal with later. I begin by laying my pieces down on my table with the inside facing down and the front facing away from me. I use a piece of MDF to make sure the front edges...

Read this entry »


View Marcel T's profile

DIY Lathe #2: The better base!

05-24-2008 01:25 PM by Marcel T | 2 comments »

Hey guys! Taking advantage of the long weekend here in Canada, (so this was last weekend) I made a better base for my dremel. I was taking it apart to see why it was squeaking (trapped sawdust) when the idea hit me – drill the existing screw holes all the way through the body, and get a longer screw to hold the dremel together (like the old screws) and hold the dremel to the base. Well, I didn’t have a screw quite that long and thin, but I did have some short screws of the correct diameter. S...

Read this entry »


View A Slice of Wood Workshop's profile

All glued up, now what?

10-26-2011 08:19 PM by A Slice of Wood Workshop | 1 comment »

Well today I got out to the shop for about an hour this morning. Not much time, but it’s what I needed to get done what needed to get done. I’ve got three things that I cut up, and also got glued. First up is of course a new wine bottle holder design. It is a mix of purpleheart and oak. I wish I had some different woods to mix, but I’m using what I got. I’ve also cut and glue up a votive candle holder. It’s also made from purpleheart and oak. I know what I want i...

Read this entry »


View Byron's profile

Work In Progress #4: Canasta Part 4

11-22-2011 07:29 AM by Byron | 0 comments »

So here it is, the final glue up. I over clamped to be safe, not in the sense of clamping pressure but as far as where I was clamping. This glue up entailed gluing all 4 sets of tails and pins with the mitered front (all the same piece) of the carcass as well as gluing in the center of the floating panel. By glueing the center of the panel I control the movement of expansion and contraction to both edges, ensuring the gaps always stay very close to the same, also keeping them as smal...

Read this entry »


View William's profile

Around The Coffeepot Ramblings #34: Gorilla To The Rescue

06-09-2011 03:37 AM by William | 9 comments »

.

Read this entry »


View sras's profile

Mahogany Kitchen Stool Project #15: Jigs for glue up

07-17-2012 04:45 AM by sras | 8 comments »

This last weekend was spent setting up the process for assembly and glue up. I had not expected I would spend this much time coming up with a glue up solution. Still, this was a fun puzzle to solve. The first step was to remove the masking tape. It took a while to peel of tape from all 244 tenons! One concern I had with clamping pre-finished parts was damaging the finish. In past times I have had the texture of any padding end up imprinting into the finish. I decided to use a smooth...

Read this entry »


View Byron's profile

Work In Progress #3: Canasta #3

11-21-2011 08:05 AM by Byron | 2 comments »

There are many parts of this project I do not want to discuss, mostly because they all involve mistakes. With this project I unfortunately made many stupid errors regarding dimensions and process of operations, but in ways that are rudimentary to woodworking. I tried to recover and hide these though thinking about the saying that being a good woodworker is not about making no mistakes, its about how well you can fix the mistakes you make. One of these mistakes came from a lack of room in...

Read this entry »


View John Gray's profile

Edge Banding Particle Board with Solid Hardwood

07-02-2009 05:37 AM by John Gray | 9 comments »

I’m building an 18” V-Drum Sander from http://www.stockroomsupply.com/V_Drum_Sander.php Stockroom Supply. I was given a Particle Board piece to use as a top it’s laminated with a thin slick veneer top and bottom. I’d like to band the edges with Oak that I already cut and mitered. The question is how to attach the Oak to the Particle Board edges? I’m read plenty of horror stories about splitting the Particle Board when using screws and/or nails to attach it. ...

Read this entry »


View sras's profile

Mahogany Kitchen Stool Project #16: Assembling 6 stools with pre-finished parts

07-28-2012 07:10 PM by sras | 10 comments »

After I got the parts all finished, I was really excited to do a dry fit and see how everything looked. I didn’t even bother to change into any shop clothes! As you can see, tongue position is important when dry fitting pre-finished parts. Before I actually glued up an assembly, I dry fit the stool. The corner blocks are then set in place. The tenons on the corner blocks needed a little fitting to get them into position. Pilot holes for the screws were drilled and then the sto...

Read this entry »


« prev 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10 next »
97 entries


DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com