LumberJocks

End Table

  • Advertise with us
Blog series by Tony19 updated 06-02-2016 04:05 PM 8 parts 6546 reads 5 comments total

Part 1: Plans and materials

04-01-2016 05:22 PM by Tony19 | 1 comment »

I’ve finished planing and getting ready to build my table. My material list is in the photo above and the plans as well. The total board feet is 8.9 ft squared. I will have about 2 months to complete it and it’s gonna be the best freakin end table Tooch has ever seen. On Monday I will begin building my legs and the aprons of the table.

Read this entry »


Part 2: Legs and aprons made

04-05-2016 04:17 PM by Tony19 | 0 comments »

To make these legs I cut them to size using the miter saw. Then I edged them and planed them. Then I cut them to width using the table saw. I glued the prices together to make them the right thickness. To make the aprons I cut them to length using the miter saw. I cut them to width using the table saw. I cut them to thickness using the planer. I then taped them together for safe keeping.

Read this entry »


Part 3: Assembling legs and aprons

04-08-2016 03:15 PM by Tony19 | 1 comment »

To assemble the legs and aprons I used a pocket hole tool to make 3 holes for the nails, and I did it on both ends to all 3 aprons. Then I cleaned my area and began preparing to screw my aprons and legs together. I used spacers my awesome teacher made for me, clamped it together and screw it in.

Read this entry »


Part 4: Rails, supports, kickers

04-22-2016 03:11 PM by Tony19 | 0 comments »

Today I installed the rails by cutting 2 17inch beams of oak for the front page part of my chore. I also made kickers for the top entry where the chore goes in. I made holes and screwed them on each side. As you can see in the picture above. I also made 45 degree triangle supports for my top and legs. I cut holes for them and screwed them in on each side.

Read this entry »


Part 5: Rails assembly

04-27-2016 04:03 PM by Tony19 | 0 comments »

As you can see I’ve glued in my oak boards that will be used to support the top of the chore so when it opens it doesn’t fall out or lean out. !https://s3.amazonaws.com/vs-lumberjocks.com/o6av43h.jpg These pieces right here are for the bottom supporters of the chores, however I haven’t glued them in yet because I have to make divots in them so they fit indulgently in the frame. The next thing I will do is make the chore itself.

Read this entry »


Part 6: Chore

05-12-2016 03:00 AM by Tony19 | 1 comment »

The last few days I’ve been working on this chore for my table. To make it I measured the inside of my frame out and cut the pieces to size then made the dove cuts and then made the divit cuts for my chore bottom and put that in. I glued it in and this is what it looks like without the bottom attached.

Read this entry »


Part 7: Top, chore

06-02-2016 02:37 PM by Tony19 | 0 comments »

Today I made my top by glueing 3 pieces of oak together and sanding it. I did have some tribe making this because it would not fit in the planer so I had to use the handsander to sand it which took much longer. I also made my chore, and to do it, I used the dove cutter and glued the pieces together. I fitted the bottom in and put the false chore front on it and put the handle in. I sanded it and now it looks great in my end table.

Read this entry »


Part 8: Stain/poly

06-02-2016 04:05 PM by Tony19 | 2 comments »

I’ve just recently stained my project with special walnut. It is in the stain room to dry for the night. Tomorrow I will put my first coat of poly on the end table and then the next day I will but my 2nd coat and that will be just about everything.

Read this entry »



DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com