LumberJocks

Charging Station #7: Drawer fronts

  • Advertise with us
Blog entry by Ross Leidy posted 03-08-2021 04:20 PM 323 reads 0 times favorited 0 comments Add to Favorites Watch
« Part 6: Carcass finishing Part 7 of Charging Station series Part 8: Nearly done »

Building the drawer fronts was identical to what I did for the workbench storage project. They’re MDF, edged with anigre, and then veneered on the front with anigre.

I cut MDF to the proper width, and applied edging on two sides. Once the glue dried, I trimmed the excess with a flush-cut bit on the router table, with a temporary fence to allow the excess trim to slide underneath.

Then cut the edged MDF to the proper drawer height and applied edging on the long edges.

It turned out that the shelf was slightly lower on the left side (still scratching my head on how that happened), so in order to get the drawer front reveals correct, I planed off some of the edging along the top of the top drawer front.

Note the gap under the top drawer – pretty noticeable. I did adjust the position of the slide on the drawer box to close-up another 1/16” to minimize the gap, but it’s still very noticeable without the black paint.

Drawer fronts done, just needing some finish.

With a coat of Odie’s Oil:

Some black paint on the drawer box fronts and just inside the bottom of the carcass to disguise the gaps.

The gaps virtually disappear.

Now it’s time to get the drawer front’s attached.



0 comments so far

Have your say...

You must be signed in to post the comments.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com