New Crib #6.....Finally Got 'er Whipped

  • Advertise with us
Blog entry by MOJOE posted 11-28-2009 09:46 PM 1209 reads 0 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch

Well, I finally finished up my son’s crib….well ahead of my Feb. deadline I might add. Once everything was mocked up and fit nicely, I took the headboard portion off and sprayed the finish on in 2 sections. I used Bullseye Sealcoat tinted with 40 drips of Transtint Medium Brown (40 drips cause I didn’t have a measuring device). Anyway, sprayed on 6 coats with 320 sanding between each. The final coat was buffed with 0000 steel wool. I am pretty happy with how it turned out…..especially since I didn’t follow any pattern. I also had my first experience with a spray applied finish. Worked well, I picked up a Critter spray gun, and though my compressor is a bit small, it worked fine. There are a few photos below… up…..matching dresser!
As always, all critiques are welcome,

-- Measuring twice and cutting once only works if you read the tape correctly!

3 comments so far

View grizzman's profile


7836 posts in 3837 days

#1 posted 11-28-2009 11:25 PM

very nice crib…you did a great job…the finish sounds like its smooth…dont want that boy gettin any splinters….thanks for shareing…

-- GRIZZMAN ...[''''']

View lumberdog's profile


245 posts in 3801 days

#2 posted 11-28-2009 11:50 PM

That is a great looking crib, i like the clean cut lines and it looks real safe.

-- Lumberdog.. Morley, Michigan

View janice's profile


1121 posts in 3958 days

#3 posted 11-29-2009 10:02 PM

Very nice looking crib!

-- Janice

Have your say...

You must be signed in to post the comments.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics