Tool Identification - Prize to Winner!

  • Advertise with us
Blog entry by JamesVavra posted 12-28-2010 04:12 PM 1786 reads 0 times favorited 7 comments Add to Favorites Watch

I need help identifying this object. It’s injection molded plastic; it feels very much like cheap kitchen utensils. It is made of two pieces and pivots in the middle – this appears to be for more convenient storage and not any function of the tool. The two prongs are not quite parallel (they pinch in towards each other a bit) but are springy in that direction – they will splay apart easily. The bottom edge of the prongs each has 3 shallow barbs, so that it can be easily inserted but would require more effort to remove (or perhaps so it can be inserted between two things and pull one of them out?).

It is roughly 12” long when folded out.

The first person who can identify it and post a hyperlink to one for sale or in use gets a grease pot similar, but more compact and – honestly – a better design, to the one pictured here. Thanks for your suggestions,


7 comments so far

View Jamie Speirs's profile

Jamie Speirs

4168 posts in 3909 days

#1 posted 12-28-2010 04:16 PM

Venetian blind cleaner
this is a newer model on eBay


-- Who is the happiest of men? He who values the merits of others, and in their pleasure takes joy, even as though 'twere his own. --Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

View MedicKen's profile


1615 posts in 4515 days

#2 posted 12-28-2010 04:38 PM

Swiffer duster handle

-- My job is to give my kids things to discuss with their [email protected]

View spunwood's profile


1202 posts in 3888 days

#3 posted 12-28-2010 04:40 PM

Nasal Stretcher

-- I came, I was conquered, I was born again. ἵνα ὦσιν ἓν

View chrisstef's profile


18129 posts in 4059 days

#4 posted 12-28-2010 04:55 PM

Pickle fork !

-- Its not a crack, its a casting imperfection.

View RetiredCoastie's profile


999 posts in 4235 days

#5 posted 12-28-2010 06:21 PM

A gardening tool for removing small young plants from the seed bed.

-- Proud Supporter of Homes For Our Troops

View Eric_Somerville's profile


21 posts in 3944 days

#6 posted 12-28-2010 06:43 PM

Definatley looks like a Swiffer Duster Handle but I’m not sure it a Swiffer brand or a knock-off.

You can see it at Amazon:

-- EDS

View JamesVavra's profile


305 posts in 4368 days

#7 posted 01-06-2011 08:54 PM

So it turns out that it’s a handle for a lint roller. A guy that I work with brought one in to show me, but none of us could find it on the web to positively identify it. His is a slightly different size and does not fold, but it is clearly from the same product line.

So that being said, I’m going with Jamie and Eric as the winners since both links provided were really close. PM me your addresses and I’ll get your prizes in the mail.


Have your say...

You must be signed in to post the comments.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics