LumberJocks

Tool Box

  • Advertise with us
Blog series by JLay updated 05-13-2016 09:15 PM 6 parts 5691 reads 10 comments total

Part 1: Tool box 1

04-01-2016 01:48 PM by JLay | 3 comments »

So far I’ve been working on a toolbox. Since the blog is just now being started , I’m pretty far in assembly. First I had to cut the pieces for the main frame. To assemble these pieces, I also needed to include multiple dado cuts to assemble the back piece and also the middle divider piece of oak. Once it was assembled, I am now working on the inside of the box. I am adding room for tools by placing multiple options to hang or attach tools to the back panel. Once the insides are c...

Read this entry »


Part 2: Inside Assembly

04-07-2016 01:50 PM by JLay | 2 comments »

Now that the frame is fully assembled, it was time for me to decide how to assemble the inside of the box. First I chose to go with the peg board design. I made shims on the outside of the box frame. I then glued the peg board onto the shims. The other side I chose to make a board system that will hold frames by screwing them in. I assembled the boards by using glue and a nail gun. Now I will start to work on the doors and get the project sanded down.

Read this entry »


Part 3: Panel door

04-22-2016 01:53 PM by JLay | 2 comments »

I started to make my doors for the tool box. First I made rough cuts on 8 pieces of wood to account for my two separate doors. I made them all the same width as each other. Next I put them on the tool box to ensure that they all would fit and I cut them to the final measurements. The measurements were determined by marking where the box opening was and where the pieces needed to be. Then I routed each piece so that the would fit together, similar to a picture frame. The next step will be to g...

Read this entry »


Part 4: Doors

04-29-2016 07:07 PM by JLay | 1 comment »

I had the pieces made for the doors. Next I had to get plywood for the center of the doors. I cut the plywood to the correct dimensions and made sure that it was a good fit. Next I decided to stain the outsides of the door. When they get three coats of stain I will assemble the doors and glue them, adding on my poly to the whole door.

Read this entry »


Part 5: Stain and poly

05-06-2016 01:53 PM by JLay | 0 comments »

I sanded the living crap out of this project and then proceeded to gently caress stain all over this beauty. Gave it one coat of stain and just got done with the second coat of poly. This goes for the doors as well. The next step is to finish the poly coats and sand the inside of the project. I decided to go with the outside Being stained and the inside being natural. This goes for the doors as well to give you a kick-you-right-in-the-face feeling when you look at this bad mamajamma

Read this entry »


Part 6: Door assembly

05-13-2016 09:15 PM by JLay | 2 comments »

I finished all of my poly and stain work and sanded the inside of the box itself. It was time to mount the hinges onto the box for the doors. I got both doors on successfully. I also put nobs on the doors by putting a screw through the other side and screwing the nob on. The next step is to add magnets inside to keep the doors closed.

Read this entry »



DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com