• Advertise with us
Blog entry by ElmoSr posted 07-20-2012 12:25 PM 2347 reads 0 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch

i bought a sears table top shaper the other day, it was a good price but now i am having trouble finding knives for this,,315.23760 that is the model number. I do not need a lot of bits mostly an ogee and a round over. i hope i did not buy a boat anchor..

any help would be appreciated


-- ElmoSr,Ga. Life is Hard by the Yard,,,But a Cinch by the Inch

3 comments so far

View ldl's profile


1135 posts in 3447 days

#1 posted 07-20-2012 12:36 PM

Try this site and about 3-4 post down is a website that may help.

Google your part number and you may find what you need.

-- Dewayne in Bainbridge, Ga. - - No one can make you mad. Only you decide when you get mad - -

View Bluepine38's profile


3393 posts in 4167 days

#2 posted 07-20-2012 12:59 PM

I have an older Craftsman shaper made by King-Seeley and bought some 1/2” bore cutters for it from
They also stock the bigger bore cutters and have adapters that will allow you to adapt different bore cutters
to your shaper. You should be able to find what you want there. Hope you have fun in your workshop.

-- As ever, Gus-the 82 yr young apprentice carpenter

View ElmoSr's profile


243 posts in 4108 days

#3 posted 07-20-2012 11:59 PM

thanks for the info,,,i will check these ourt

-- ElmoSr,Ga. Life is Hard by the Yard,,,But a Cinch by the Inch

Have your say...

You must be signed in to post the comments.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics